One reason why Cumming, GA real estate commentators like to offer quizzes is to make readers feel good about how much they know. Being that Cumming, GA homeowners probably do more than an average amount of reading about real estate matters, you would expect that any real estate-themed quiz would succeed in creating that kind of warm, positive experience.
This is not that kind of quiz.
I put it together because it’s a quick way to present some of the more surprising survey results. They are culled from recent National Association of Realtors® informational articles. The quiz may not foster warm feelings of knowledgeability, but to compensate, it’s shorter than most of those web quizzes (who has time to answer 25 questions?).
Ready? Set! GO!
- 1) Which of the following features is likely to slow a home’s sale:
- A) Swimming Pool B) Big backyard C) Small backyard D) All the above
- E) None of the above
- 2) Which of these is likely to help a home sell more quickly:
- A) More than one story B) Superior renovations C) Small backyard
- D) Big backyard E) None of the above
- 3) Which of these is likely to be worthwhile for a new Cumming, GA homeowner?
- A) Extended appliance warranty B) Gardener C) Shopping for insurance
- D) Improving the yard E) None of the above
- 4) Which of these trends are widely predicted for 2017?
- A) home prices will remain stable B) home sales will decline C) average days on market will increase D) the Midwest will lead in home sales E) none of the above F) all of the above
- 5) Which of these is recommended for first time home buyers?
- A) Less closet space than you think you need B) More closet space than you think you need C) Dining room D) No dining room E) Add a koi pond E) None of the above
1) D. Studies show small backyards can retard sales, as can swimming pools and overly large backyards, due to maintenance concerns.
2) E. More people don’t like the hassle of stair-climbing than appreciate the exercise; big, ambitious renovations seldom return the investment; big or small backyards: same as above.
3) C) Shopping around for the best insurance offer is always wise; but appliance warranties generally don’t return their cost; paying a gardener vs. doing yard work yourself is often a financial loser (I disagree with the NAR on this one—for many busy Cumming, GA homeowners, pro-gardeners are worth their weight in gold); big yard improvements should wait until you’ve experienced all four seasons
4) E this was the easiest to guess: A) expect home prices to rise B) expect 1.9% more homes to be sold C) the pace of sales is expected to quicken D) West Coast should lead in home sales
5) A and D. The most common first-timers’ regrets are paying for too much spare closet space and seldom-used formal dining rooms.
Thinking of a buying or selling a Cumming, GA home in 2017? You need a trusted professional to help you with your transaction. Feel free to give me a call with any questions you may have. I’m always happy to help!
This Cumming GA Real Estate blog is hosted by Gayle Barton of BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY HomeServices Georgia Properties.
I specialize in Real Estate sales in the following Forsyth County, North Fulton County and East Cobb cities: Cumming, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Duluth, Milton, and Roswell. Other areas are serviced by request.